Sunday, December 23, 2007

random ramblings

I've been at this ebjoing (see last post for explanation) thing for one day, and I'm already superhooked. It's the joint for sure. I've now spent a few moments ranging around the bjoursphere (again last post for exp.), and I find that my initial statements were a little harsh. There is definitely some seriously interesting and witty stuff out there. Plus, I mean it's meant to be off-the-cuff. That's the style, and I'm really starting to dig it.
That was one of the main reasons I wanted to get into the bloggame. I've been keeping a journal since I was about thirteen, but recently it's turned into this really heavy thing. It had become about immortal words and serious philosophical ideas instead of just what's up in my world, and I needed some sort of random, no pressure self-expressionary medium. I'd say I found the right fit.
Anyway, I was reading some of the literature about acceptable content and promoting yr blog, and it seems hateful content is only allowed if it's not directed at some specific group of people. If yr just generally hateful, I guess that's exceptable, which seems to jibe with my notions of freedom of expression, so I say right on. They also suggested that you keep yr posts short and to the point, which is so not my style. I'm all about the long, pointless, and rambling. Is there any other way?

No comments: