Monday, January 14, 2008

randomness abandonment

I just read an article that claimed the most expensive bottle of champagne sold at auction for eighteen grand. I just have to say that with something like fifty percent of the world's population living on less than 2 dollars a day that is just another blinding example of the shameless and unfortunate structure of our world. Some dude gets semi-drunk for more than a whole African village may spend in a decade. How did we get here? How did we get so callously unconcerned for the global village we all live in? I know I sound all hippy-dippy, wishy-washy, but seriously, we should really reconsider our national social organizations. I'm not calling for armed insurrection or anything, but maybe just a little bit more American will put into equalizing human opportunity. The idea that capitalism rewards those who deserve it is such an illusion. I mean come on, some dumbass paid 18 grand for a bottle of bubbly. What justly world improvement did this jerk-off lay on us to be able to afford that? I ask you.

No comments: