Saturday, January 5, 2008

Trash talk on the basis of nothing

I think the self-referential, megalomanical nature of blogging leads us bloggers into a stance of bullish optimism about the rightness and importance of our own opinions. I make no judgements about the lunacy or lack thereof in this approach. I merely point out a noticable trend in the machine, but maybe it's just me. I never can tell anymore.
The truth is, at least for me, I do feel some of the importance of putting it out there seeping into what was supposed to be a light-hearted and one off kind of approach to the whole blogging thing. I find myself editing and composing myself, which I think is silly. That's not what I'm trying to do. Mostly I'm just looking for a corner of the world to call my own to feel safe and happy in; Is that so much to ask?

No comments: