Friday, February 1, 2008

Wandering with my own personal soundtrack

So, I've started to venture out into the world with my headphones locked in, and I have to say, it's not entirely clear to me how all these people are so blase about their now soundtracked world. I just want to bust out dancing and singing all the time, and it's only my fear of people that keeps me vaguely in check. I still do a kind of head nod, skip dance as I walk down the street. I had an idea the other day for a really cool scene for a movie where people slowly start to dance to their ipod's soundtrack, and slowly all these ipoders in amongst a larger group of non-ipod wearers start to dance. It's all to different music so everybodies got their own thing going on. Maybe we hear the music build and overlap as people start their freak. Anyway, it was just a thought.
It also occured to me as I was walking to school this afternoon that where you hear music really effects the way the music seems. I was listening to Rilo Kiley's Take Off's and Landings, and it felt just a little off as I walked down the street, whereas in my house it feels totally right and embracing. It was just the first song, Go Ahead. After that I got into thinking about how creating the soundtrack of my life is such a new and exciting process. I've quickly become inseperable from my ipod now that I have headphones and not those shiitey earbuds. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

No comments: